Hi guys, I am Atul from LetMeThink.in and today will tell the you the importance of the local SEO. So please read this article full & you able to understand the parameters and help to create leads through local seo.
Why we have to do seo locally?
Local SEO is quick turning into a high priority for several businesses. Last year, Google published a study showing a 500% increase in “near me” searches, including variants of “can I buy” or “to buy” from the previous two years. Google also said it had seen a 900%+ increase in mobile searches for “near me today/tonight” over the same period.
A few months later, a separate study revealed that 82% of shoppers using smart phones conduct “near me” searches.
How to optimize for local seo
Now that we’ve explained the importance of location-based search, let’s explain how you need to optimise for this strategy in 2019. Things have changed a lot in recent years but most of the fundamentals are the same – so you should have the basics in place already.
- Optimize your website for local search. Your web site is that the hub of your entire on-line presence and this counts for location-based SEO similarly. While Google Maps offers users all the essential details regarding your business (e.g.opening times). It doesn’t provide you any space to get branded messages across or other information people need. For example, checking if you’ve actually got the product they’re after in stock.
- The user session might begin in Google. However your website still plays a very important role. So you should pay particular attention to the following:
- Mobile optimization: The vast majority of local searches take place on smartphones so make sure your site performs well on mobile devices.
- Loading times: You don’t want to kill the experience as soon as users try to click through to your site so keep your loading times in order – especially on mobile.
- Web content: Be sure what kind of messages you want to get across to your target audience and factor local search needs into your content. If people in your local area want to see your products in the flesh, make it clear they can visit you to do so on your homepage.
- NAP details: These need to be consistent across your website and anywhere else they’re listed on (Google My Business, directory sites, review sites, etc).
- Use Local Business schema– Schema markup gives Google more information about your business at the code level. Helping it deliver your content to the most relevant audience. This applies to location-based search as well – you can use Local Business schema to provide Google with in-depth details about your business and provide users with more info such as gap times. Throughout the vacation season or worth ranges for your product. You can conjointly use this to implement actions on your Google My Business listing, allowing users to book appointments, reserve hotel rooms or book a table. Adding the schema to your pages can be a tricky process. But it provides users with the kind of info that helps them make buying decisions – so it’s worth the effort.
- Confirm your Google My Business account is 100% complete Google wants to make sure it provides the most relevant results to local searchers. And gives them all the info they need to decide on a business: location, opening times, reviews etc. Which means you first give this data to the search giant through your Google My Business (GMB) account – this should be 100% complete.
Accuracy is also important, so pay attention to these key areas:
- Make sure your address is 100% correct.
- Verify your location in Google Maps.
- Specify the city, town etc, that you’re targeting in the title of your GMB landing page.
- Choose the GMB categories most relevant to your services.
- Define your opening times.
- Link to your website (either your homepage or the location page for that branch)
- Also, place confidence in what reasonably pictures you wish users to examine on your native listing.
While users will transfer their own pictures of your business for others to envision. You’ll conjointly transfer your own footage inbound classes (e.g.pubs and restaurants), such as menus, food, interiors, and other criteria.
4. Be ready to pick up the phone
Aside from linking to your web site and providing users with directions. To your business location, Google also allows local searchers to call your business up directly. Sometimes, people might want to check you have an item in stock or confirm a pub is showing the football match.They want to watch before paying a visit. Whatever the reason, be ready to pick up the phone and confirm. You can deliver, what local users are after.
- Build a strong profile of positive reviews
Reviews are massive, when it comes to location-based searches. This is one in all the quickest ways in which for users to differentiate between you and rival businesses. A strong profile of feedback on Google Reviews is one in all the foremost necessary factors. Once it involves turning native search into real leads particularly. If you’re a whole user don’t already grasp and trust.
- Get citations and brand mentions
Google takes citations and whole mentions into thought with its native listing algorithmic rule. A citation is when another website mentions your brand without actually linking to your site. These aren’t as strong as inbound links from reputable local sources. But they do give Google confidence that you’re a genuine business people are talking about.
Location-based search as a lead-gen strategy. Location-based search gives businesses with physical locations a concrete channel to generate foot traffic and bridge the online/offline divide. As a lead-gen strategy, you’re looking at prospects with incredibly high purchase intent and a desire to make the purchase now. Even a reasonably basic native seo strategy will flip on-line searches into real-world customers. But leading brands are going much further than this. By victimization mobile to boost the expertise of shopping for and victimization products/services, brands are turning native searches into loyal customers. That keep returning to them and this is proving particularly powerful for brands with business locations across the country.